Back to main Blog
This release includes important improvements to our AMP cancer classifier:
- Drugs: we have improved how drugs are matched to the patient’s cancer type, and leverage the type of approval (FDA, EMA, or Guideline vs Clinical Studies and Case Reports).
- Verdict: the overall tier recommendation now uses a simple rules-based approach.
- Curated evidence from curated sources such as JAX CKB, PMKB, or CIViC is given priority.
- Germline: if the curated evidence is unavailable or VUS, we leverage the ACMG germline classifier to identify possible pathogenic variants. Furthermore, variants that are Benign or Likely Benign will result in Tier IV or exceptionally Tier III overall recommendation.
- Coding Impact: no longer uses the BLOSUM score.
For further information, please see the full documentation that details the implementation of VarSome’s AMP classifier.
Note that the AMP classifier is reserved for users of VarSome Premium and VarSome Clinical, and leverages the Cosmic and JAX CKB databases. If you are interested in learning more, contact us to set up a demo.
Further Information and Support
Not already a VarSome Premium, VarSome API or VarSome Clinical user? Get in touch and ask for a free trial.
As ever we hope you find these changes and improvements helpful, we’d love to hear any suggestions you may have, support is available as usual from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The VarSome Team
Submit a Comment